Sunday, August 18, 2013

Store Review + Casual OOTD: Stripes, Cheetah, & Denim


So, at what point did Rainbow (Plus Sizes) step their game up, and when was someone going to inform me?!  Lol. I visited the regular/ junior sizes at the tip of the year to purchase a few of the belted pencil skirts they were selling for $15, but had been avoiding the extended sizes. Previously, it seemed that their plus merchandise was oversized, poorly constructed, and simply basic/ juvenile. I mean, sure, i'm young and vibrant, sexy too ... but my shirt doesn't have to say so -_- #OffThat #HighSchoolWardrobe 

I went in there Saturday with a friend looking for a fringe top and was pleased with the Summer collection. There was fringe, peplum, leather, tribal print, camo, black/ white ... all the trends. They got the memo! There were sooooo many different pairs of skinny/ straight fit printed jeans, I actually had to make a decision about which (one) pair i'd get this time. The only thing about some of their jeans is they're more like jeggings, a good and bad thing. They still had an extensive jewelry collection, something I always liked, the belts were basically extinct (and I used to get all of my belts from here), and there was an awesome $10 sale on pointed flats ^_^ my fave. I snagged one black pair. 

Concluding, there is still a bunch of ratchetness and junk in there. But now, it's not all junk. I will remain a Forever 21 Online junkie, but now I have another local backup spot. The environment isn't really somewhere I could see myself spending money in: being jumped on because I didn't leave my outside bag at the door, waiting on a fitting room for 10 minutes, and having bad ass kids colliding into me >_< However, I plan on visiting the store when the Autumn collection arrives, see if I can find some gems at that point. I'll keep you ladies posted :) 



Outfit Deets: 

Oversized Striped/ Tiger Earrings - Gifted from Greene Spot Accessories
Denim Boyfriend Chambray Shirt - Retro, stolen from the back of my mom's closet, lol
Leopard Jeans - Rainbow Stores, $24.99, 2X 
Black/ White Colorblock Bangle Set - Forever 21, $6.80, Spring 2013
Breckelle's Platform Wedges - Local Shoe Store, Clearance, $19.99



Sincerely,
Queen Charisma



2 comments:

  1. Awesome outfit! Love the pants! O and if you have that gap problem on your button ups,add snaps on the spaces!
    www.dopechixx.blogspotcom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shop at the rainbow on Armenia. Its, umm, less hectic when it comes to the unfriendly, extra loud, and super obnoxious people if you know what I mean. I also was surprised at the upgraded plus size fashion. At times they do forget about us and yea finding the right pair ir jeans jeggings whatever material they make is sometimes hard since I can wear an xl 1x and 2x . None the less Iam thankful. Oh and Im a new reader so Ill be tuned in

    ReplyDelete