Monday, September 2, 2013

OOTD: "Raving Retro" + (Not So) Small Talk


 Yearning to rock my new "Black Radiance" purple lippie I scooped from Walgreen's, I decided to finally wear a mix of some merchandise I received from several online boutiques via Instagram. Something I love about vintage tops is the strength of them. They're all heavy duty with shoulder pads and actual  lining (things absent from current blouses). I've caught on to things passing by and ripped sooo many of my new age tops to shreds, especially the chiffon ones. Vintage clothing was made so much more carefully, and worth the money that you don't even have to shell out for them (thrift store!). 


OUTFIT DETAILS:

My abstract/ geo printed multi-colored top comes from Admirable Stylz Boutique  (@admirablestylz), the price listed was a mere $6 with free shipping 0_0 how does it get better? It features a plunging v-neck, fitted quarter sleeves, and beautiful gold buttons. It's a size 12.

My high waisted harem leggings come from Kurvie Kulture Boutique's Winter 2013 collection. There's lots of draping at the hips (well against my hips not lots, but some lol) that narrows down into a skinny leg. I like that the bagginess at the crotch of the pants hides that entire region, making them very comfy and relaxed. I'm wearing a 1X. For more draping at the hips/ more of an oversized look, I could have opted for a 2X. These are currently sold out. 

My bag was my late grandmother's favorite. She'd give away anything, even if she loved it, if only you told her you loved it. God bless her soul. It was entirely hot pink with the side bow feature, but over the years, the leather started to peel. Everything I have of hers (except her jewelry) is falling apart, I love it all so much and can't let go. Instead of trashing it, I carefully covered the worn out areas with leopard duct tape. Now, I have a completely different, unique. trendy clutch ... still reminding me of her vivid life. She'd love it. 

My hidden colorblock pumps  are Dollhouse brand, I never wear 'em, bought them in 2011. They were marked down to $40 at Macy's. I snagged! Magenta/ gold chain earrings from a local vendor. 





(NOT SO) SMALL TALK:

Ironically, for the second time in one single weekend, I heard another half-ass compliment. Actually overheard it this time. The friend says, "her outfit is really cute", the hater friend tries to whisper, "yea *sound effect*... for her size", I turned around to see a female wearing 2-inch open toed prom heels, WITH chipped polish and a gelled down bob. Again. Not worth my debate ... today. I said I was going to work on my mouthiness (not a real word lol),  and i'm SURELY being tested. I put on my oversized black sunglasses and sashayed past them instead, pushing my blowing hair out of face ... because i'm glamorous like that ;) 



1 comment: