Monday, October 28, 2013

A Closer Look/ OOTD: Spots & Stripes

Here's a closer look at the photos being utilized on my blog's layout. How do you like the new layout?

I took these photos in Ybor City, a very historic region within Tampa, FL.

The variation of retro backgrounds made it the perfect setting for an impromptu photoshoot; snapshots taken by Central Florida photographer,  JodyGFacts.







While flicking up and after sharing the photos on my Instagram, people complimented my "dress" and wondered where I purchased the standout garment. However, the piece is actually not a dress, but a DIY ensemble costing a total of less than $50.

Beautiful, eccentric garments are hard to come by in big, department stores; when you find something only "close enough" to what you were seeking, it is guaranteed to cost you both arms and a leg. Opting for a DIY project that'll imitate a designer look would be an alternate choice. This option costed 80% less than a retail version, ensured i'd be especially unique/ the only one wearing it,  and allowed me to put my creative hands to use. Outfit details are as follows:

- The polka dots are a bodycon dress from DOT's that was quite a bit too short. I loved how the top looked and could not part ways with it, especially because it was on the clearance rack for $5. I had plans for that sweetheart neckline!
- The skirt is a very flowt chiffon unit with an elastic waistline. While walking, the breeze just kinda dances through the material, forcing you to feel made-for-TV fab! It comes from H&M regular sizes, in-store. The garment is a size Large and fits just right, besides the underslip being a tad too short. It was on clearance for $15 + take an addl' 50% off = just $7.50.
- The two pieces combined create the illusion of a Spring time maxi dress.



1 comment:

  1. You should definitely find a way to create this look and sell it.. I know a ton of plus sized women that would love to wear something like this including myself

    ReplyDelete