Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Weekend #StyleDeal

While out lollygagging over the weekend, I ended up in a nice neighborhood I was unfamiliar with, and spotted a seemingly new “Rainbow” store. Over the years, I’d made up my mind that I actually do not like the gaudy, low quality store’s customer service and/or merchandise, but recently, I've been finding myself perusing several locations around the area. The reconstruction certainly was needed and beneficial. The stores have upgraded their merchandise to items that are more in-sync with what’s currently trending, and can now actually line up next to Forever 21. They even have a website now where you can shop online!

 Since Forever 21 only offers a very minor selection of their plus-size merchandise in-store, Rainbow would actually be a better place to purchase an outfit on site if you wear extended sizes. Forever 21 and other retailer’s “plus” jeans only go to a size 20 where Rainbow goes up to a size 24. When I was a borderline size 22 I did realize how difficult it was to locate affordable denims, and squeezed into the size 20’s elsewhere just so I didn't have to look (don’t judge lol). I’m currently a size 18 in pants and it’s just a little easier.




 Digressing, the Style Deals I located were:
1) $3 Tanks/ Camis – in prints and plain colored, GREAT for layering!
2) $7 Printed Leggings – perfect with a long/ oversized, solid tunic, simple outfit
3) $15 – Brand Name jeans
4) By One Get One Half Off Boots & Accessories

My purchase included some of the Style Deals and some regular-priced merchandise that was still very affordable. I don’t think anything in the entire store is over $35, and the $35 item is a nice pair of calve high leather-like boots.




 My top recommendation is the leather-like plus-sized peplum blouse. It is $19.99 and available in the plus sizes only. With faux leather being the top trend of the season, there were many options in regards to picking a garment, but this piece surpassed them all in quality. It was heavy-duty (felt like REAL leather), unlike the pleather garments selling elsewhere, and it actually had a satin lining. The PROS are actually the reason I opted out of purchasing; I live in Florida, anything with lining will leave me sweating. If you experience a real autumn where you reside, I wouldn’t pass this up.
 



 I purchased these Dollhouse brand ankle jeans originally priced for Rainbow at $34.99 (discounted). They were on the clearance rack, marked down again for just $15. They are white denim with a leather-like waistband and stripe down the sides.  Black & olive denim options were also available. 




I purchased some boots (flat), finally! I’ve been searching for some that would zip around my fat ankles lol. The store had about 20 boot options, all in black/ gray/ or tan. Every boot in the store was BOGO, but I decided to decline the deal and buy only one pair … you know, since I live in FL -_- ... and we have no winter. They are studded at the toes and match my leather moto jacket perfectly! They were $29.99.


I purchased some very feminine specs with gold detailing at the sides of the frame. They are very durable and have already survived me sitting on them; only $6.99.





Lastly, I passed this bag up, but came back into the store immediately to purchase it. It was more than I like to pay for a clutch, because I wear them so rarely, but was PERFECT. It’s leather-like, high-quality, made of a stiff material, oversized, envelope structured, black/ gold color combo, and features studding & chains. Come on! How was I supposed to sleep without this beauty?  It was $24.99.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


I also stopped by the Target in the area for new work shoes and purchased: 

Clearance $9.48!

Regular Price $22
Mark Down $17

-----------------------------------------------------------------


And Ross, you know, just to look :) 

Found the perfect, classic, nude pumps ... finally. They are featured on sites originally priced at $149.95. These Chinese Laundry pumps have been seen on celebrity figures such as Kristen Cavallari, and now you can have a pair of your own for only $22.99.






Where did you find a #StyleDeal over the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Whew lawd you just got me hyped! I never go to rainbow but this weekend on my awy to Sallys I had to sneak in. I only purchased a pair of lepoard flat boots but Im going back to get that peplum!
    http://iamtonilakeysha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute stuff!!! I felt the same way until I went into Rainbow and tried a few things on, there are some steals there For Sure! I realized I'd been sleeping on them and their quality in a lot of items. Those Chinese Laundry pumps are cute! Are they comfortable?

    ReplyDelete