Sunday, November 24, 2013

STYLE REPORT: "On Trend" Leather Shorts (ECB, DivaXpress)


With an average daily temperature of 80 degrees, it's not at all feeling like Winter time here in Tampa, FL. With just a little breeze whisking through the air, I decided to serve some In Living Color realness today :) This vivid, silky blazer was sent to me from Diva Xpress boutique, an online vendor carrying refined vintage blazers and dresses.


I paired the blazer with Eyecandy Boutique's Leather "On Trend" shorts. These cuties have a zipper at the front, belt loops, and two pockets on the butt ... just like a pair of denim shorts would. They are pretty thin/ lightweight and are not lined; in my case, that's actually a good thing because lining makes all my clothes too small, even a size up. They are short, especially if you have thunder thighs like myself. If shorts make you uncomfortable, you could always pair these with some net tights, colored opaque tights, or boots; these accessories will take away from your "imperfections" and make you feel a little more clothed/ concealed.



I normally wear a size 18 in pants, a 16 in skirts/ dresses, so I received the size 2X (16/18). They zipped and had a slight stretch but i'd advise you to size up. A 3X would have allowed me to tuck my shirt in, Remember, shorts on the full-figured frame should fit but never be jacked up into crevasses. A massive camel toe or the display of the lower butt is NEVER cute in a pair of shorts. Always wear the appropriate size, picking based on fit.

These shorts have a coordinating leather jacket that is also available on the site, the Leather Bomber. Another option that would ideally combine with these shorts is a printed tunic or simple statement t-shirt, like the Thug Life tee from Eyecandy Boutique. Studded sneakers or a pointed pair of flats are also fitting casual options.



My favorite feature on the garment is the feminine scalloping at the hem; it is a great, girly detail to the leather foundation. They are now available on the boutique's site for just $32.99 in sizes 1X-3X. Log in and order yours today!

/Shop Eye Candy Boutique!

3 comments:

  1. Werk!! I so love your jacket...Radiant! :-)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo beautiful! I appreciate you so much!!

    ReplyDelete