Wednesday, November 20, 2013

STYLE REPORT: Eye Candy's "Charlie Brown"


"Charlie Brown" bodycon dress 

Did you miss or catch the Eye Candy Exclusive that I shared this past Saturday?! This animated beauty covered in several earth-tone shades was on sale on the site for just $10 (clearance)! It had been stocked for quite a while but only on sale for a few weeks. Seems it was disregarded, though. 

I have noticed that plus-sized women drift to the showcased garments clinging to a body that looks something like theirs (as opposed to the mannequin shaped like a ten-year-old boy) and showcases the piece featuring a bulging stomach and over-sized breasts. When body is placed in to these pieces, the garment sometimes transforms. It doesn't look as gaudy/ plain as you thought, it's not as long/ short as it seemed while it was dangling off a standard-sized mannequin. I believe that the voluptuous frame brings clothing to LIFE. Swollen hips, poking stomachs, and rubbing thighs are the perfect components to effectively display how a piece will look on the average full-figured woman. 

After receiving this unit i'd been tracking since it debuted in the Summer, I styled it and  revealed it's full potential. With the beautiful color scheme, animated swirl detail, and stripes combined, plus a skin tight fit, I found myself not needing to do much to be ready for my night out wearing Charlie Brown. I originally planned to follow the scheme and do a nude lip color but opted for a pop of matte red instead. I paired it with my creme/ gold bangle, Chinese Laundry creme pumps, and yellow handbag. It WERKS on it's own.

It has since SOLD OUT in the remaining sizes but is in line to be restocked (although when restocked it will return to the original price). Charlie has quarter sleeves great for a breezy day and it's the perfect length to also wear to the office or church.

With that, I would like to announce that I am now Eye Candy's Creative Director. I will be reviewing and styling select pieces and sharing my personal opinion regarding the item, the size, fit, and a few ideas about making the piece YOURS.

Stay tuned :)

Until next time, check out Eye Candy's clearance section for more hidden deals for as low as $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment