Monday, March 17, 2014

#OOTD: Little Black Romper from Nikkie's Korner Boutique


Jumpsuits and rompers have never been on my list of favorites, but as of recently I've been into them. In the past, rompers have always had an unflattering fit on me, this caused me to avoid the garment in general. I was once self-conscious about how this particular garment showed the raw details of my body and felt like a chubby baby in a onesie, lol. With the recent advancement of plus-size fashion came better fitting, more refined, fresh, trendy options that are relatively close to what is offered in standard sizes. 


This is the Little Black Romper from Nikkie's Korner Boutique, available in sizes Large-3X. I am wearing a size 2X, equivalent to a 16/18. The material of this piece is extremely stretchy all the way through, but I recommend getting the size closest to your pants size and not sizing down. Purchasing this garment too small will make your length too short and will accentuate "problem areas" such as your stomach. 


Favorite Things About the Little Black Romper

1) This piece features mesh above the natural neckline with dotted details, SUCH a cute and sassy addition to this simple garment. You will need to wear a half bra (or no bra, if you have it like that lol). 

2) This piece features a sweetheart neckline beneath the mesh. I love sweetheart necklines! They're so feminine and actually compliment "the girls". 

3) The legs of the romper have a skinny fit/ go straight down. I love skinny pants on my thunder thighs :) 

4) Unlike other jumpers, the waistline of this garment falls in an appropriate (not awkward) spot allowing you to place a belt right on top. 

5) If you're not as round in the hip area as I am, the fit will be very relaxed around your hips and stomach (as harem pants are).


The Little Black Romper can be dressed up, with a pair of chunky heels, over sized earrings, and a gold-plated belt ... or you can opt for pointed flats and dress it down instead. 


The Little Black Romper can be purchased at Nikkie's Korner Boutique for $55.00 
IG @NikkiesKorner25 


#Like #Comment  #Interact  #Share #Support




1 comment:

  1. I love your review. I have always felt the same way about rompers but I shall give this one a go 😉 Thx boo!

    ReplyDelete