Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sexy + Sassy #OOTD - Cori Coren Boutique Feature



Cori, founder and owner of Cori Coren Boutique, is ahead of the game and already thriving with her early Spring collection. Already, there is something available for every type of FATshionista; high-waist jeans and t-shirts for the casual young lady, and a LOAD of beautiful, vibrant dresses for the swank, chic divas.

Today I slipped into the Mint Midi Bodycon from the boutique, now available in sizes 1X-3X. I am wearing a 2X, this size equates to a 16-18. While my sizing is usually right between a 1X and 2X (because of my proportions),with this garment, I suggest you purchase the size closest to your usual dress size. It is in fact VERY stretchy, but do not size down. This dress is in pencil form and is actually a little narrow at the bottom. I like this feature because a lot of the time, I end up sewing my dresses to fit like this. However, if you've purchased the wrong size, the tapered cut of this dress may disrupt your sashay. And you need to strut in this one! 



Another thing I liked about this unit was the dark, hourglass, colorblock feature, great detail. I already have an hourglass physique (with some extra hours to it of course, lol), but for those who do not and wish to create the illusion, this would be an ideal piece. The black contour at the center of the dress highlights the best part of your curves. 

The dress (and all of its awesome features) will flourish on its own, so I just paired it with some classic black pumps, a black statement necklace, my throwback Cori Coren clutch, and my signature Ruby Woo lip. If you're insecure about your arms, I do think you should make efforts to get past it. If they're big, they are still going to be big underneath that frumpy cover up that's going to hide and take away from the greatness of a garment. However, if you're not ready to be bare, a cropped/ tailored blazer looks dapper over this piece and will make it appropriate for work or church. 


The Mint Midi Bodycon dress can be purchased at Cori Coren Boutique for $39.75. If this is a must-have for you,do not stall, get yours day. On all garments, supplies are limited and restocking is not guaranteed.

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress and style must I say u compliment everything u wear

    ReplyDelete