Saturday, November 16, 2013

FATshion Interview with Recee Davis

What does fashion mean to you?
   Fashion means being able to introduce yourself to the world, without saying a word. 

 What inspires you fashion wise?
    My feminine and rebellious character traits combined. That's really it. I love trends, but i'm really old-fashioned, too, so nothing is off limits. 

Favorite places to shop?
    DEFINITELY Forever 21+. All the trends are right there, everything is super affordable, and the sizing is always perfect for  me. ASOS is the same but sometimes overpriced for not so quality merchandise. The thrift store is my absolute favorite  spot. The challenge to find and create is invigorating and my style lies all throughout the racks! Any given thrift store is guaranteed to have unique pieces all through the racks and no one else will have your outfit on. Everything is approximately  $5 most of the time, and you can't beat that. 

Does your mood ever determine the days outfit choice?
      ALWAYS! If I feel good then I will take the extra time needed to look glamorous and put together. But some days, when i'm tired and/ or ill, it just will not happen. Monday-Friday I wear uniform so I never have a choice through the week. 

Do you prefer to shop online or in store?
      I prefer in store but I actually do 80% of my shopping online because of my work schedule. My physique requires me to try things on and pick sizes based on fit (not necessarily what the tag says), can't do that shopping online. You have to pay  shipping costs and may have to send it back if it doesn't fit correctly.But overall, it works. Sales are exclusive online and  it's extremely convenient not having to leave the house to visit several stores. 

What is you current go to piece?
      Harem Pants/ Joggers. I love the drop crotch because regular pants usually gather on me in that region. They are so comfortable yet very flattering on the hourglass frame. You can pair them with some pointed flats (another go-to piece for me!)  or heels/ booties and be a versatile as you want. I've purchased about 5 pairs recently. 

What item must every female have in their wardrobe?
   A bra that fits. Go to your local lingerie store, or even Dillard's, and get your correct fit (because most women wear the wrong size) and purchase a few. Adjust your straps, skip the padding (if you're busty), and make sure you have back/ shoulder support. I believe lifted/ supported breasts can change the entire appearance of your frame. 

Last clothing item, accessory or shoe you brought?
    Dark nude pointed pumps from Ross. Finally found a nude that matches a black woman's complexion and had to cop!  They were marked down from $30 to $13 also, so I was fully persuaded ... and forgot to buy the shower rack I went in for. 

How would you classify your personal style?
   I don't consider myself a fashionista so my goal/ purpose isn't really to be the boldest, baddest, or most anything. I just wear    what I want and inspire others to do the same. I love vintage, before it was acceptable I wore my grandma's earrings and  bags to school and was called an "old lady", lol. Dresses are my favorite and make me feel best. But, overall, I just dress like ... myself. That's all I aim to be, is true to who I genuinely am. 

One thing id never wear is/are  ________________ ?
    Uggs. They're just ugg-ly to me. Nothing against anyone who does, they look super comfy, but they just are not MY style.

Fashion tip(s) you'd like to share with us?
     1) Do not become restricted by rules society set up for you. Thrive.
     2) Wear what is going to make you feel like the best you. Disregard approval.
    3) Labels are nothing but expensive.
    4) Purge frequently 
    5) In fashion nothing is outdated & everything is recreated, don't be afraid to duplicate a look. 



No comments:

Post a Comment