Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"New Year, New Me"?

Five words describing how I feel on this final evening of 2013:

Optimistic 

At this very moment, all of social media is killing the next tweeter's/ booker's dreams about what they feel they are capable of accomplishing for the new year ... and it sucks. "New year, new me" is beyond cliche', true, but to say it's also impossible is kind of absurd. How do we know one's mindset in regards to change for the better? Yeah, it's technically just another day, and if one wanted to change they could have done so in July 2013, but, the idea of having a fresh start on January first weighs a lot. It's so refreshing. To me, New Year's Eve always  feels something like a chapter of your life is closing. A lot of people will end 2014 precisely how they ended 2013, but who are we to kill the vision before they can even see it with their own eyes? The pessimism is running deep tonight. I feel great, though. I make a list of ten significant goals at this time every year, and for the sake of lurking Negative Nancy's, I keep it confidential. I only FULLY accomplished 4/10 this year, but we re-attempt and revamp the other six. If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again right? Can't kill this vision. New year, new me! #Turnup ^_^


Anxious/ Prepared

My 2013 goal book made it to the end, had to staple and hot glue it back together towards the end. But it made it. I have my new book on deck and READY for war. If I was silly enough to let doubt overtake me, i'd be certain that with a few, i'm reaching. But, I know what i'm capable of accomplishing. I am aware of my potential. I know what's too much to expect within a 365-day time frame. I know what I can do in 365 days. I'm just ready to do it. I have more (personal) support than I've ever had, and most importantly, I believe in myself. Do you believe in yourself? You know that's the foundation of personal success right?


Discerning

So much wiser at this very moment.

No longer trying to fight every single  little, big, irrelevant, or burdensome battle. It's draining. No longer trying to force people to hold their place in my life. No more forced friendships/ relationships. No more weighty outside opinions. No more settling. No more not recognizing my worth. I learned so much. I got over so many obstacles.

So many lessons learned in 2013. So aware for 2014.


Grateful

While the average person always hopes and prays for bigger and better, I'm grateful for my current position in life RIGHT NOW. If you can't find anything else to be glad about, you have to at least recognize that you have the basic life necessities. It's so mandatory to acknowledge that you're still alive. If not for anything else, praise God you weren't in the 2,500,000 that died this year.













No comments:

Post a Comment