Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Style Report: "Ruffled" by Eye Candy Inc.

Eye Candy Inc. Boutique:"Ruffled" Dress

"Red Velvet Regal"



Last night, the #RegalRebel in me encouraged me to break all the rules, the usual, as all white well after Labor Day clung to my creases and crevasses. This beauty was sent to me from Eye Candy Inc. Boutique; it is a size 2X and was also available in black and leopard color options.


FEATURES:

  • Modest length, hitting right at the knee. 
  • Although I sized up , there's a great amount of stretch! Polyester/ Spandex blend
  • Hence the name of the dress, the grand ruffle at front makes it the stand out piece it is. This layered feature drops from the natural waistline and extends all the way down to the hemline. If you have a pesky pudge (the majority of us do), this feminine detail conceals it almost entirely. 
  • The sleeves extend all the way to the wrists, but as I always do, they can be adjusted accordingly if you want to show off some arm candy ... or it's a warmer day. 
  • This garment has a plunging. v-cut neckline. that puts the "girls" on display. Not so much that you cannot wear a bra, but you may need to wear a lower cut one. Appropriate amount of cleavage.
  • As with all white garments, the material will display your "imperfections" and  is slightly transparent and requires proper undergarments. I wore black panties and a fitted slip as well, that resolved that minor issue. You can't wear too much underneath, as it will show. 
  • Perfect for a wedding, Valentine's Day, a birthday dinner, or that All White Affair we can never find a glamorous outfit for -_- ... I wore it to my family's annual Christmas dinner.
  • With a beat face full of makeup and everything surrounding you being filthy, you will need to try and not touch/ graze against/ lean on anything! However, if you're as clumsy as me, it's not happening. I got food and makeup on my dress and it wiped of with a soapy, warm towel. 




I paired "Ruffled" with my burgundy, velvet, chunky heels by Qupid (Christmas gift to myself), simple white/ gold accessories from Forever 21, and some tousled pin curls. I felt so Hollywood Glam, lol.




1 comment:

  1. You absolutely slayed this! I nominate you for the next #gag award. Giving me life! Love it!
    http://kishinaskurvykorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete