Sunday, February 23, 2014

Swimsuits + Covers Under $50 - Pt 2, Forever 21+ Feature


Over the weekend Forever 21 launched a very fresh, sexy, flattering, and most importantly AFFORDABLE line of swimsuits ... just in time for Spring 2014. Make sure to check out the other plus-size retailers for their super cute swim collections as well! While I will only go swimming a few times a year and don't need a $100 swimsuit, if you are searching for one quality piece, you may want to shop around first. All of Forever 21's plus suits are $32 or less (and singles can be purchased for just $12). The above is just a preview of what's available on the site, the last swimsuit on the top row is available in a plethora of colors as opposed to the 2-3 options last year. Sizes range from XL-3X.

 They're really giving us what we want and I can definitely appreciate that. The "fatkini" (two-piece swimsuit designed to flatter the full-figured frame) looks like it will be a big deal again for this year. I decided to give it a try ... lol, two tries. I still have my F21 fringe one piece from 2 years ago and the low cut zebra one piece from last year. I just purchased the very chic, black, cutout fatkini pictured first on the bottom row for $27.80 and another fatkini (not pictured) that is a mix of stripe and floral prints (now sold out). Let me tell you. I can't wait to have a poolside photoshoot. Jewels dripping, lipstick popping, and all ^_^

In regards to fit, my one piece suits fit perfectly in a size 1X. They stretch out just enough but are still supportive. My zebra one piece was on sale ($8!!!) and only had a 2X left, it's a little loose at the waist but i'll make it work for that price (less than one third of the original price). The fatkinis, for me, run a little smaller. The 1X doesn't work that well in the breast, accidentally got my floral/ stripe in this size.. The 2X is better, got my cutout black swimsuit in this size. I plan to mix and match the pieces :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of women don't like to just flaunt it all while in their swimsuits. Instead of putting on that oversized, ugly, t-shirt,  i'd like to suggest a chiffon kimino! Forever 21 currently has about 6 option meant to compliment a spring outfit and some jeans/ a sundress ... but will compliment your swimsuit just as well. Each kimono shown is currently available on www.forever21.com for about $20. That brings your entire swimsuit ensemble to less than $50 #FitsUnderFifty. Size up for a breezy, flowing fit. 


Swimsuit + Kimono Options






www.forever21.com 
(Plus Sizes)

**The above blog post is merely my opinion of the retail store, Forever 21. I am not being compensated to express my viewpoints. I am not affiliated with the chain**







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I am definitely getting a two piece this year. It will definitely be my first! It has been at least ten years (i'm 25)since i've been in a bathing suit of any kind. You continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete