Thursday, June 27, 2013

OOTD: Bandeaus + Maxis :)


"Our bodies are what they are. You can take the time to alter your "flaws", you can let them restrict you, or you can live"
Queen Charisma


Although i'm not one to follow trends too closely, (I wear what I like! In style or not), today's Outfit of the Day was totally on trend. Bandeau tops are a seasonal must-have for all the plus-sized divas that REFUSE to be buried in layers of clothes this Summer. 

I purchased my top from Forever 21 online, plus-sizes; it was $7.80, regular price. In regards to support and quality, it's not that great. You DEFINITELY need to wear a half bra, or two lol, because there is no support within the top. The material is regular cotton; it's not that soft, collects lint, and seems as if it'll fade and not last more than a dozen wears or so. The coverage on the other hand is pretty efficient. I wear a 38G/ DDD bra, and my cleavage was minimal in the size 1X. However, I wish I would have gotten  the 2X because when my arms were elevated my bra peeked through the bottom. 


The chiffon pleated skirt is from Ross. It only costed $12.99 and there were also sage green, canary yellow, white, rose pink, coral, and black color options ... I was very impressed. Only blue was available in my size though -___- ... fortunately, I already own a name brand black one. A stretchy underskirt is attached to the elastic waistband as the outer material is very transparent. Also, anything pleated requires specific, gentle care or it will not endure. It will need to go to the cleaners/ be hung up.

From ears to toes, the entire fit was $35 (purchased separately)



The top was also available in camo print stay tuned for that review/ presentation!


3 comments:

  1. Which ross did you go to? Im local

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this lol?! Anyway. I went to Hillsborough and 22nd. They had long and short.

      Delete