Monday, July 21, 2014

"12 Takes": Take 3: Presenting Smart Glamour

“12 Takes (of Vintage, DIY, Deals & Small Businesses)”
Take 3 – Presenting Smart Glamour



SmartGlamour is an online shop specializing in the publicizing of body positivity, acceptance, and overall wellness for women through customizing affordable hand-made clothing.  This shop offers subtle, yet trendy merchandise ranging from sizes XXS-3X. SmartGlamour’s ultimate goal is to change the fashion industry and for women to live out everything that defines “self-love”.



Even with the use of sizing employed, it seems like plus-size clothing is made on a “this size fits all body types” scale.  Making certain that your clothing fits your distinctive dents and curves immaculately can make or break your ensemble. Factors such as firmly adjusted bra straps, correct bra size, and the correct lengths/ widths of garments against your body are significant. I have a (FULL) hourglass shape, so I frequently have to get the waistline of the majority of my garments nipped.  Because I am much fuller at the bust and the hips, my clothing NEVER fit correctly coming straight off the hanger (specifically tops).  SmartGlamour’s alteration service will resolve this cause of stress for you by tailoring the pieces of their inventory to suit your properly.




All merchandise can be ordered as is, or with customizations, crafting pieces to impeccably fit a customer's specific measurements. Through this, SmartGlamour is hoping to teach women to accept their unique physiques and alter clothing to fit their bodies perfectly, ultimately raising their self-confidence.




Mallorie, founder of SmartGlamour, deemed me the “Queen of the Crop Top” (cute!) and sent me SG’s original Noelle Crop Top in red (7 other color options are available). This top has a nice amount of stretch to it and features a plunging sweetheart neckline with quarter sleeves. I paired Noelle with ASOS Curve’s checkered midi skirt and the spiked Sam & Libby pointed pumps (creating a modernized, pin-up look) and was ready for my close-up!


IG: @smartglamour
Twitter/ Facebook: Smart Glamour




1 comment:

  1. Hello may I ask can you please what type of body garments you wear to achieve this gorgeous snatched look in all your beautiful photos. ...I'm plus size myself . Hope to hear from you soon !!

    ReplyDelete