Thursday, July 7, 2016

SPOTLIGHT: Che' Haughton

The Spotlight is on Che Harper: store owner, blogger, stylist, financial adviser, mother, wife, and conqueror!


Interview:


What is the origin behind your moniker?

Three years ago, I began to FULLY embrace how and what I was designed to be and do.

EyeCandyINC was reinvented, and even though it’s a clothing boutique, it was mainly focused on

body-positivity and loving oneself. This turned into CheInspires where I (by chance) began

inspiring people with my story. I have lost over 100 pounds. I want to show every man, woman

and child that at whatever size, you should not only love yourself ... but put in the work to feel even

better about what you have been blessed with.


Describe your signature style.

My signature style is whatever suits me. Typically, I shop all over piecing things together that fit

my personality. I want to be comfortable yet stand out and leave a lasting impression. I can be

bohemian, eclectic, traditional, trendy, and on and on. I love it all.



What moved you to launch your blog and/ or website?

My blog www.cheinspires.com is solely based on fitness and how I am fighting obesity. I was

moved to launch this blog because I received so many questions daily. So I decided to just write

about it (which became a therapeutic outlet for me).


What are some goals for your brand in 2016?

For 2016, I have a back-to-school event planned where we will fill backpacks and donate them to

families in need. I am currently designing a fitness journal; it will help to track meals,

workouts, and goals. In early 2017, I will be producing another fashion event that will

incorporate my love for fashion, fitness, and finance.


What makes you (and what you do) different/ stand out from the next coach?

My openness and candor with anyone that approaches me is what sets me apart. I enjoy giving

advice to whomever needs it. It’s definitely my purpose in life.


Name your top pro/ con of being in the public eye.

Pro is definitely being looked to for advice. It keeps me grounded and focused on my goals,

because I know that someone is watching

My con is a catch 22. Even though having someone watching keeps me grounded and focused, I

can never have an off day or a weak moment because someone is counting on me to be strong

for them.


If you could only shop at 2 places for the rest of your life, where would they be and why?

Old Navy – best fitness wear

Thrift stores – you can always find SOMETHING to go with SOMETHING


Describe your most recent, life-changing event.

Stepping on the scale and being 6 pounds away from 199 pounds. I weighed 199 in the fourth

grade, maybe. I am blown away by my desire to get fit and live in the moment.


What's the most important advice you can give to someone wanting to do what you do?

Be fully vested. If you want to place your life on display, be prepared for the questions, the

scrutiny, the feedback. Give it everything you have. Build a legacy for your children

to follow. Always do your best work even when you don’t feel like it. Lastly, go for it! Nothing beats

a failure but a try.


Keep Up with Che:

www.cheinspires.com
@cheinspires/IG
@eyecandyinc/IG
cheharper@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. That's why I follow you che u give me strength wen I'm weak and even wen I fall short sometimes you always there to remind us it's ok but never STOP believing in ourselves I have walk this journey so many time's but to watch you walk me through it day bye day is life changing I think God for empowering you too empower me may God continue to bless everything you pray for love you my sister Tracy Rivers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I follow you che u give me strength wen I'm weak and even wen I fall short sometimes you always there to remind us it's ok but never STOP believing in ourselves I have walk this journey so many time's but to watch you walk me through it day bye day is life changing I think God for empowering you too empower me may God continue to bless everything you pray for love you my sister Tracy Rivers

    ReplyDelete