Wednesday, May 1, 2013

DIY Transformation Project: From Yikes to Yaaasss!



On Monday, one of my DIY projects i'd been playing with for the past few months finally was completed! I knew I was in love with the garment immediately after my mom repulsed it, i'm definitely one to be intrigued by things others aren't too fond of. The piece was gaudy & definitely dated, but it worked for me. The challenge of finding the beauty in just about anything feeds this FATshionista's appetite. 

It began as a hideous dress that was unsure whether it wanted to be a maxi or knee-length, so it stopped somewhere in between there. I thought that was an extreme length for something with so many other details (pleats, puff draped sleeves, shoulder pads, print, satin material) so I cut it but never took before pics, sorry :( 

It's from the local thrift store and costed only $2.99 with an additional 50% off, so $1.50. Winning. Never overlook an ugly peasant dress based on the look of it on the hanger, try it on, on your curves and believe in the ugly duckling lol. 

I cut it to about mid-thigh (then hemmed 2 inches up) so that I could have the option of wearing it as a mini with leggings or a blouse with a skirt; the inclusive belt allows me to adjust the length at the waist. 

I had a lot of extra fabric. Not only is it pretty and vivid, but it feels good. I am going to wear it as an infinity scarf, a whole 'nother DIY project. 







No comments:

Post a Comment