Friday, August 2, 2013

Forever 21+ Review: Dreamer Striped Fit & Flare Dress


Dreamer Striped Fit & Flare Dress
$22.80
Still Available, Sizes 1X-4X (4X? Since when?)

I was VERY thrilled to see this piece appear on the site a few weeks ago, as i'm a sucker for anything black/ white and have been looking for a dress like this one for a while. Well, it arrived and I do not possess that same excitement about the piece. 






I purchased a 1X (as usual) and wore it to work, with a mint green, lightweight cardigan that I thrifted a while back ($3!). Usually, i'd feel like i'm too liberal to be wearing a cardigan/ +tights, solely to cover my big arms/ tattoos, ESPECIALLY in 85 degree weather, but it was my second day at my new job, so, you know. 

I paired it with a black bow belt (Newlook), a black/ gold gem bracelet (Rue21), some painful colorblock clip-ons (Forever 21 2011), a black/ gold bow ring (FleaMarket), black opaque tights (Kmart), and some black pointed flats.







PROS:
  • Stripes go in opposing directions, nice (body-defining) detail
  • Good length, right above the knee (unless you have big thighs + butt, then it'll be shorter/ rise)
  • Versatile - church, work, casual, lunch, dinner party, etc.
  • Cleavage Coverage 


CONS:
  • Cheap Construction (skirt section could've been designed better, would've been better with underslip)
  • Basic Fabric (stiff, low-quality fabric doesn't sit nicely on a curvy frame)
  • Odd Waistline (sits very low, had to wear belt to feature my own waistline)
  • Off Fit (would have been more better as a skater skirt, or A-Line dress, not in between!)

I was thinking about adding some casual layers of  black tulle underneath, hmm, DIY?!




I would recommend this piece, only if you're not looking for something high-quality. It was less than $23, shouldn't be expecting that anyway lol, but it will not last for years (if you wear your clothes frequently). This piece can go from Spring to Fall just with a switch of accessories and would be great to have in your wardrobe. 


♥ Queen Charisma

No comments:

Post a Comment