Friday, August 9, 2013

Prepping for Fall, Item #1: Forever 21 Spiked Leather Moto Jacket

Leather jackets are an Autumn staple, every season. They are one garment guaranteed to never become outdated/ out of style (not that I follow the rules anyway). However, as the times change, so does the styling on particular classic items. I remember back in the old days, when it got chilly my mom would pull out this huge, oversized, leather trench that extended in length beyond her knees. The hideous thing nearly swallowed her whole, lol. In 2013, the leather jacket still exist, but more sleek, tailored, fashionable versions. This one comes from Forever 21+. It actually has been popping up just in time for Summer's exit for about two or three years now. Let me tell you, I have tried to get one every time. Last year, the other color option was taupe, this year it is burgundy, but I always leaned towards the black. 

The edgy spikes on the shoulder, the zippers and tassels, the big collar, the asymmetrical zip up, the high low cut (to feature your waist line), the versatility of wearing it with so many outfits ... it is everything. Unfortunately, it sells out in every single size in less than 48 hours every year (proving that we yearn for affordable fashion). I caught it in time this year and was up until 3 am last night reading and watching reviews on the fit + opted for the 2X. Yes, it was that deep, lol. I do live in FL & already have a mint leather jacket, a tan leather trench, a black ruffled leather jacket, and a bomber leather one ... but so what?! Lol. I can't wait to receive this :)

P.S.- They also have a leather skater skirt and leggings available. For less than $15 each! I have leather leggings already (gifted from Kurvie Kulture Boutique) but decided to give the leather skater skirt another try, lol, after bad-mouthing my previous one from Asos Curve. This one is quite a bit less flare so it should work, and I sized up so my big ol' butt doesn't escape from underneath this time. We'll see how it goes...
       

Sincerely,
Queen Charisma

3 comments:

  1. I just bought this today too after missing out on it twice last year!! I was scared about the skater skirt. I would love to see you do a review on it when you get it in

    ReplyDelete