Thursday, March 27, 2014

Shopping Made Easy (+ OOTD)


Outfit Details: Blazer-Forever21, Skirt-DOTS, Peplum Top-JcPenney's, Earrings-KahYoot!

I’m often faced with the question, “what could I do to make shopping easier/ more enjoyable”, and it usually stumps me. There are really people out there that dislike the hunt for unique garments and trinkets, people that hate the duty of building their wardrobe … the very task I find irresistible. I would think that shopping to this particular group is a burden simply because they don’t know what to purchase. They walk into a store and become overwhelmed. They see the collection of merchandise and don’t know where to start (in regards to creating an outfit). Here are a few tips to help break down this barrier.


Outfit Details: Thug Life Shirt/Dress and White Leather Joggers from Eye Candy Inc.
Set a Budget
While shopping is important enough to the average young woman, bills are even more important. You need to be in control of your funds and what’s available for retail and stay within your planned allowance. Avoiding name brands and other overpriced merchandise will also help you to stay within your budget. Setting up a budget for leisure activities (such as shopping) will help you stay aware of just how much you’re spending and will keep your funds in order. With Spring approaching, if your finances are limited, try just buying a few pieces (colored belts/ flats, denim jacket, statement necklaces) and wear your Fall wardrobe year-round.
Title Your Favorite Store(s)
As opposed to wandering aimlessly around countless stores you’re really not even interested in, find your preferred store. My (three) absolute favorite stores are Forever 21+ online (for all my affordable, trendy pieces), Ross Stores (for dresses and last minutes pieces), and the thrift store (for one of a kind pieces). Looking in these 3 places, I’m guaranteed to end up with something at least close to what I was looking for. When you find stores that generally will not let you down, shopping becomes less stressful, pleasurable, and habitual.
Find Your Signature Look
While I’m a supporter of women wearing whatever it is that’s going to make them FEEL their best, it’s also important to look your best. Of course, you are an adult; you can and should wear whatever you want to wear. However, everything is not for EVERYONE, period ... believe it or not; some things just don’t work so well with certain body types. It is extremely beneficial to know your specific body type, and try to generally compliment it. Creating a signature look will make this simple. Everyone has a look, and contrary to belief, it doesn't have to be anything like the next persons’. I have a a very full hourglass physique; i'm heavy-chested with a small waist and wide hips/ big legs. I don't specifically wear only what is set up for my body type. I am not restricted to wearing only certain colors and/ or what's going to make me look "slimmer".  I wear what I feel compliments my physique (as it is) instead. Some of my signature pieces are: 
1) Harem Pants - I LOVE the drop, relaxed crotch of these pants because my regular pants always gather in this area.
2) Crop Tops w/ High Waist Bottoms - The combination of these two pieces work well for me. The cropped shirt accentuates my waistline.. Oversized shirts drown out my cinched waistline and I start to look big all over. 
3) Midi-Length Skirts and Dresses - These particular skirts/ dresses make me feel comfortable and classy. I often find myself tugging at shorter length skirts because they consistently rise as I walk.
4) Skinny Pants - While some would argue that skinny pants on thunder thighs are not a match, I personally love how they look on big legs (as long as the waistline sits high enough so that my butt and other fat on my body does not hang out ... that's NOT CUTE).




1 comment:

  1. Love the t-shirt and pants, very cute! I'm still scared of crop tops though, hats off to ya' girl!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete