Sunday, July 27, 2014

12 Takes: Take 8: In Those (Mom) Jeans feat. Diva Xpress

12 Takes of Vintage, DIY, Deals & Small Businesses
Take 8: In Those Jeans feat. Diva Xpress


I don't wear jeans often, because of the complimentary STRUGGLE that comes with me trying to actually get into them/ get the right fit, but when I do, I definitely prefer "mom jeans". According to Wiki, this is a comical yet ridiculing term for a specific type of fit of women's denim trousers considered to be both passe' and unflattering against the wearer's physique. This particular style consists of a high waist, usually a light blue color. Other attributes of the style often seen are pleats, tapered legs, and elastic waistbands. This retro style is often accompanied by a blouse or shirt that is tucked into the jeans, or in 2014, a cropped tee. This style of jeans was popular with women in the United States until the mid 90's, when lower rise jeans became all the rage. 


I don't care. 

What I consider "unflattering" is my muffin top and butt crack making an appearance EVERY time I wear regular rise jeans. It really depends on the wearer's unique figure and personal preference over what the fashion police says is acceptable. As of lately, with everyone finally hopping on the Vintage Bandwagon -_- they've made their way back on the "it" list and are trending again. Fashion only repeats itself over and over again. Nothing is new, just revamped. I've been old-fashioned, so I never stopped wearing them. They're my denim pick any day. 

My "Hot Mama" jeans came from my local flea market's little "boutique". Don't sleep on them! They were $29.99, as opposed to the $60 being charged for them online. Size 2X. 

My ruffle collared, neutral-colored, floral blouse tucked inside comes from my favorite vintage resale shop, Diva Xpress. Talesha, the fabulous owner, always hooks me up with the good good. The gaudy spirit in me felt a little bland and decided to layer it with the flowing, beige, crochet vest (also a Diva Xpress exclusive). Yes, you can layer in 90-degree weather. Though,  I would make sure the materials are porous and the fit is flowing (so you can catch a breeze).


2 comments:

  1. Hi Charisma, I LOVE your blog!!!! You always inspire me and give me ideas of what to do next. I do have a question. Do you have any info on the products you use for your FLAWLESS makeup look? I am struggling trying to find my exact brown tone makeup and I love your look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Venus! Thanks so much for your support and kind words. I use an even mix of MAC products and Maybelline products. Maybelline's darkest shade is a perfect fit for me. The concealor is awesome too. I use MAC pressed powder and lipstick.

      Delete