Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Switch'a (Hair) Style Up - feat. Royalty Bundlez



It was like old times this morning as I sat in front of the mirror and got my curls "fleeked out" for Sunday morning Easter/ Resurrection Day service. While I always choose bundles/ virgin hair for my frequent sew-in, I normally opt for Brazilian bodywave (straight hair with an s-wave all the way through). Being natural, you have to press your leave-out to the heavens when wearing hair types that have a silky smooth, straight finish. Doing this everyday (to ensure a flawless look) for the life span of your sew-in can leave your leave-out broken and fried. Not much of a protective style at that point. Choosing a curly texture can help to prevent this.




Virgin hair vendor, Royalty Bundlez, sent me 4 lush bundles of premium Brazilian curly hair. It's expected, yet I was initially surprised by how super soft, genuine, and bouncy the hair felt, and the fullness of each bundle. I believe in my weave flowing at a modest, realistic length ... especially being big and curly. I am wearing 20-18-16-14. While deciding on you inches, keep in mind that the inches are going by the hair in it's straightened state, so choose wisely. 




I snipped an inch of track from my 14-inch bundle to do a heat test. The reversion (return to the original state) was excellent. I flat-ironed and washed the sample 4 times on a  410 degree setting and in the end, it returned to a tight curl. As "real" hair should. After straightening, lots of alleged virgin hair barely returns to a wave. Additionally, without product, the press was completely flat ... so you actually have the option to wear it straight and flowy. 




On normal work days, i'll be wearing my hair wet 'n wavy. Warm water and a few drops of leave-in conditioner in a spray bottle, a little shed-free finger combing, and you're DONE! My (loose wave) natural hair blends pretty well post twist out. Other ways to blend your hair into the weave include using a crimper, flexi/ perm rods, or bantu knots. Today for church, I wand curled the top layers and separated the curls for a big, but tamed, exquisite look. So much versatility! Loving it so far (update coming soon).


"If It's Not Foreign ... It's Boring" 

On a budget?
Ask Quale' about R.B.'s Layaway details! 

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely impressed together with your writing abilities as well as with the format for your weblog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice weblog like this.See more 4 hair bundles Our 4 bundles deal comes with 4 bundles and a variety of choices at a great price. Our hair is 6A grade virgin human hair. Click here to shop now!

    ReplyDelete