Friday, November 13, 2015

Project Big Girl Panties (Update)

In case I haven't reminded you enough over the past 3 weeks: yes, big girls wear lingerie, too.

I just wanted to give a thorough update regarding my own, Project Big Girl Panties. As informed via Instagram, just about 2 weeks ago, I was hand selected to be featured in an annual curvy girl 2016 calendar. With it already being November, that gives you an idea of how fast-paced this whole thing would need to take place.

FUNDRAISER COMPLETE:

For what I had in mind (in such a short time), I was going to need a little aid/ sponsorship . I' m  normally good for rarely asking anyone for help, because, that's just what life has taught me (personally). You grind, you do it on your own, and then no one but God can get credit for your success. That's all I know. However, humbly asking for my supporters to contribute $450 to the cause was just the FIRST lesson PBGP would teach me.


In just six days, I met my goal with cash, contributions to the actual campaign, and supply donations. While I could easily carry on about the hundreds of views the campaign received v.s. the actual number of people who actually engaged OR complain that I received way more support from strangers than people I knew (and helped) in real life ... what's the point. The small group of 20 who donated $10-$30 are precisely who desired to/ were able to. Many expressed that they wished they could give, but offered prayers & uplifting words (not having the funds) ... and that was just as significant to me! Support can be distributed financially, physically, and/or morally. I appreciate the few who didn't feel overwhelmed by the thought of giving, especially if it was simply LOVE you had to offer. That's priceless! 

WARDROBE COMPLETE

Over the weekend, I went on a HUNT to locate precisely what I had in mind for my shoot. Let me just say, big girls wear lingerie, but it damn sure is hard to find it! Seemed like everything online was trash, and everything in store was basic or designed to conceal . Who said our goal was to hide/ blend in?! I'm still waiting on some props/ accessories to come through the mail, but I feel like I have the precise, sexy ensemble that I envisioned (the most difficult part). With that being said, I shouldn't feel anxious about anything at this point. But I am. While being behind a camera is nothing new, THIS is new to me. I'm not going to have  the draping of a beautiful dress to help me thrive. It's just me, my thunder thighs, and all I stand for. While i'm in fact courageous, change is always a little nerve wrecking. But it's not about being entirely fearless anyway ... it's about thriving through the fear. That's brave and inspiring. 




Get'er Done!

I'll be shooting on November 27th, the day after Thanksgiving -_-
It will be the August spread (my bday month)
The calendar will be available at the tip of January 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment