Thursday, March 31, 2016

Practical in Pink Clubwear

I'm frequently told that i'm overdressed for the occasion, whatever that means. If I want to wear a ball gown to the movies, why am I not allowed to live (and give life)? Anyway, I haven't always dressed like this. Growing up, I only wanted to fade into the background, so I wore 3 outfits, consistently. I circulated those outfits like no one's business. Once I got to high school, I started to realize that it's okay for me and my fat to stand out and started "styling on 'em".

It wasn't until some time in 2014, that I learned all about dressing practically. My guy friend from out of town was coming to pick me up for lunch, and I walked out, mid day, DECKED OUT. I remember precisely what I was wearing: designer bodycon dress, leopard pumps, huge sunglasses on a beat face with a red lip. I didn't mind walking around Village Inn looking the exact opposite of my simply dressed friend, with his cute self. But he still took it upon himself to break down what being practical was all about. I'm sure he didn't know I really, actually was clueless and taking his word. And so I started to change, a little.

Now, after many much experience and attempts, I know how to "dress things down", and that I can still stand out while taking it easy. I recently browsed the inventory of Pink Clubwear, and grabbed things that were, well, not clubwear. I picked out some chic, standout pieces that I could comfortably wear day-to day and rocked  them out, my way.


This dress is available in numerous prints and a few cuts. I hiked mine up, because I am hot to trot, and to give it some shape. But, shift dresses cozily fall over your curves and this one falls off the shoulders, too.

I love pointed shoes, print mixing, and wooden jewelry. So I'm still staying connected to elements of my personal style. I am wearing a 2X, get yours here!



This dress from Pink Clubwear may not appear as relaxed as you'd imagine a casual look, but it's still practical, especially for someone who enjoys dressing up all the time. I'd wear this on a typical Florida Saturday, with lunch plans. I'm still wearing heels, but they're wedges, and the tulip fit allows my fat to be free. I would be staying true to my personal style, while staying comfortable enough to complete all my tasks for the day ... and CUTE! I am wearing a 2X but it runs a little big if you're hourglass/ figure 8. Get yours here!


This flared mini dress from Pink Clubwear is so cozy, so cute, and so vintage-like. Y'all see the bell sleeves? This trend is BACK. I would recommend a swing dress if you're a girly girl and enjoy wearing dresses over jeans/ pants. It falls over your curves and can be accessorized accordingly/ is versatile. I kept it retro and paired my fringed leather bag and fringe sandals, also trending. I'm dressed enough to step out on the town by day, but still casual enough to handle my business and run errands comfortably. Available in taupe and black, size up if you're hippy. 



My final look from Pink Clubwear is this black harem jumpsuit from their Spring time inventory. It's breezy, basically falls off every part of the body, and almost appears to be a dress. Ugh, just what you need when the FL heat feels like it's going to take you out! I will be wearing this throughout the Summer. The piece is very oversized but I cinched my waist for a more refined look and paired my ol' faithful chunky heels. I was good to go. Easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment