Saturday, March 26, 2016

Blue Skies & Thunder Thighs (Ongoing Post)

  

Puffy eyes and pollen showers were not necessary to remind me that the official start of Spring was yesterday (3/20/16). I don't have a lot to tell you, in addition to everything I've said during this time over the last few years. Have fun with your wardrobe, try new things, don't let criticism intimidate you, don't let fear be a barrier, have a drink or four, live life, and wear the DAMN swimsuit (coverup optional).

I wanted to reinform that there's no need to feel barred from thriving in swimwear simply because you have flabby arms, your thighs rub, or your tummy's not flat like "the other girl". Comparison is the thief of joy. Find beach attire YOU are comfortable in (not because your favorite blogger is wearing it, but again, you are comfortable in it) and that makes you feel/ look vibrant. Included are other girl friends of different shapes and sizes to inspire and aid in your Spring "coming out".


I'll be posting my swimwear within this post all season long, for your viewing convenience, with details included. Please do enjoy! 

Thanks to Ashley, Lisa, & Teyja for coming out and helping display that there's certainly more than one type of big body ... yet each body exudes equivalent beauty. You can find ALL of these suits in the plus-size section of Forever 21 (online). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------


I'm pictured (far right) wearing one of quite a few pieces I copped from Becca Etc.(by Rebecca Virtue). There are 9 plus swim collections within this line. I am wearing the one-piece from the Aura collection. This is going to be my go-to swim piece, I know. It fits like a super mini dress with ruching on both sides and AMAZING support. There's an entire bodysuit under the "dress". If you're still self-conscious and not quite ready for a two-piece, this is for you. Although, two-pieces and other separates are available in this print. Check out the Aura collection here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Don't be afraid to mix and match your pieces to avoid looking like the mannequin ... and everyone else, Not only that, you can take a piece you already have and pair it with the single lonely gem you found on the clearance rack. My top is from Forever 21, last season. It's available (bottom also) this season but in brighter colors. My super high-waist bottom was found on Lane Bryant's clearance without a matching top in site. For $10. my size?! I know you didn't think I was leaving it behind!

1 comment: