Sunday, July 21, 2013

Floral FATscination

Year in and year out, floral prints have effortlessly made their way on the Spring/ Summer trend lists throughout the fashion world. This one botanic fad has many different subcategories and a variety of ways to rock it!



Big Prints V.S. Small Prints 

It has been alleged that smaller prints attract less attention (to a bigger frame) and that full figured women should probably choose this option. But who actually said our goal was to attract less attention? Lol. I wear what I want to wear, forever disregarding the strict bylaws of fashion. Bigger prints are more vibrant, bold, and daring while smaller prints are more simple , classic, and elegant. I like them both. So i'll wear them both. 






Coloration

Tropical



Vintage



Pastel 



Watercolor 





Demographics 

Plain jane? As opposed to a full floral peplum dress, try a lesser statement piece (like a floral bangle, stockings/ tights, scarf, frames, or hair accessory)



Not so feminine/ tomboy? Wear a floral top with a black base/ dark print with boots, skinnies, and a bomber jacket for an edgy look. 





Layout 


Separated Print V.S. Cluttered Print 






Accompaniment: What to Wear with the Print?


  • Don't OD! Pull out only one or two colors
  • It doesn't matter how much/ little those colors may show up in the pattern
  • Go neutral
  • Mix and match 




4 comments:

  1. Ativa Young (BmoreLioness)Sunday, July 21, 2013

    Im just starting to like floral prints. Lol I always listened to that cliche that big girls shouldnt wear to much print, so Im slowly coming out of my shell. I do need to know where you saw that black floral print dress that is in the that top picture though. I would love to have that for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled all the pics, except the ones of me of course lol. But try Forever21+, they have quite a few floral printed maxis

      Delete
  2. I like the floral dress in the middle. Dats my speed.

    ReplyDelete