Friday, May 2, 2014

Spring Time Fine! (Boutique Features) + (NOT SO) Small Talk


Spring time is officially here, and with the season change, you need to change/ alter your wardrobe. Scarves, coats, sweaters, and boots (things I NEVER even got the chance to pull out in FL) get moved to the rear or other side of the closet and maxi/ mini dresses, sandals, and crop tops are stationed centrally. 
If you’re searching for some brash, sassy, unique pieces to “spruce up” your wardrobe for Spring 2014, a small, independent boutique would be my primary recommendation. The batch of trim and trendy pieces I presented (via social media networks) throughout this week were from Cori Coren Boutique and Eye Candy Inc. Boutique, two online boutiques specializing in keeping the plus-sized woman stylish and assuring she feels confident and beautiful. 




Cori Coren Boutique’s Island Girl Bodycon
Plus Sizes Only, Available in Coral or Turquoise

This one-of-a-kind statement bodycon dress is only for the bold and sexy! While wearing this piece, you must know who you are and what you are and no one should be able to tell you otherwise (they’re going to try). There is nowhere to hide wearing this Spring perfect garment; because of the construction and clingy material this dress is made of, all of your lumps, bumps, and crevasses will be displayed. If it is still mandatory for you to conceal what others consider flaws, this is not the garment I’m recommending you purchase for the new season. However, if you’re the type to take what others consider flaws, remove the weight and burden brought about from these imperfections from your life,  and actually blend them into your character … I want you to let your “flabby” legs (as they were called) hang out and FLOURISH in the Island Girl Bodycon. Rip life’s runway.
I am wearing a size 2X. The material is extremely stretchy and I’m sure a 1X would have been fine, but I sized up to assure my draping would flow properly and so that I could have some extra material to gather around my stomach area. Adjustments in length can’t be made. However, if you want, you can just turn/ rotate the draping to your liking (more to the back making most of the front short, more to the front covering one leg). I would say the occasion for this dress reminds me of a sophisticated beach party or lunch in Miami.






Eye Candy Inc.'s Perfect Fit Jeans
Eye Candy Inc.'s Fresh Prince Sunglasses
Jeans available in purple, pink, or blue, plus sizes only

These high waist, acid washed type, skinny jeans are the perfect casual piece to add to your wardrobe for days you just want to be cute and comfortable. Pair with a crop top, sandals and specks (like the Fresh Pricne Sunglasses pictured) and run your errands, have lunch, enjoy your Saturday in style. You may remember a similar green pair featured from Eye Candy Inc. as well, (those had slits down the thighs), these are basically the same as those highly requested pair. of jeans. You could easily cut slits into these if you desire. 

Both pairs stretch, but  run a little small. I usually wear a size 18 in jeans (2X) but had to get a 3X for these to fit comfortably. I advise you to size up, especially if you have a tummy, hips, and thighs. 






Cori Coren's La Bella Midi Dress 
Plus sizes only, also available in white 

If I had to choose a non-formal dress to define my style, this would be it. The La Bella bodycon has a retro/ vintage look to it, it drops off the shoulders, long fitted sleeves, adjustable cleavage line, lace detailing (with beige coloring through the holes), and hits right past the knee. Sexy, bold, and classy. It is another piece that clings to the body, so if you're self-conscious about your pouch showing (WE ALL HAVE ONE, KEEP CALM) ... you should pass. Hopefully you've been reading my blog long enough to be past that point though, right?! Live a little. Hell, live a whole lot!

Purchase your La Bella Bodycon (Pink) here!





Eye Candy Inc.'s Megan Skirt 
Now SOLD OUT :( 

This skirt is another retro piece, also versatile and cute year round. It is form-fitting, actual jean material, and features a high split and zipper at the back. I am wearing a size 2X. My crop top comes from a local shop called GITI, it had the matching skirt, but it wasn't necessarily my style. I've also seen it for sale at several IG boutiques, in standard sizes only. My top is a Large. The picture doesn't show it, but the lime is blinding. Because I like to be seen of course :) We're done with the days of blending in with the crowd. Did you miss the memo?! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Not So) Small Talk
While featuring these items this week, I received some negative feedback. I look fat, this area is flabby, this area is a flaw, I should go up another size to hide "trouble areas", blah, blah, fuckin' blah. This is why young women, and some older women are finding it nearly impossible to love who they are, everyone's a critic. As I always say, "good thing i'm not doing this for y'all" (the haters). I'm doing this for the girls living the life I once lived being a fat, hopeless, naive pre-teen. You have to never forget the purpose behind whatever you're doing and keep track of whose opinions actually matter. Either you are or you aren't. Release any denial. I AM IN FACT fat. I have thunder thighs. They rub and sweat. Baby powder is my bestie. My knees are big, My calves as well. My butt is wide. I have a small 35-inch waist with a tummy right underneath it. These are not "trouble areas". This is me, and my unique form. You have to be so comfortable with being exactly who you are. The only trouble area is insecure and intimidated people not knowing how to conquer their own demons. Don't let anyone talk you out of dressing your body up and feeling like a drop dead gorgeous prima donna. I challenge you to try out things that once made you feel uncomfortable. I challenge you to sit and think, "was I uncomfortable because of the clothes, or because I've been taught I am not good enough to wear the clothes?" It's not an overnight task, but,  I challenge you to overcome (overwhelming) insecurities, one step at a time. I promise, positivity will always weigh more than any lightweight "advice", or half-ass compliments a hater will throw your way. Do it for you. Until next time :) 

Queen Charisma
contact.charisma@gmail.com




3 comments:

  1. Thank you as always for this much needed post. I love the outfits by the way. You continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I just want you to know that I love you and who you are!!!...I admire your love for yourself that no one can steal!!...I believe we are the same person lol, we are fierce in our own skin and I LOVE IT!!...Can I just know were do u get ur bras from, I saw a post u put up awhile ago and I am very interested!!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you, Charisma!! Well said. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete