Thursday, May 12, 2016

DIY Chronicles: Wooden Letters

You may or may not know it, but, i'm a DIY Princess. Not yet a Queen, because i'm still learning. But, I try to DIY everything. I will soon be launching my YouTube channel and wanted some cute props for videos where I decide to sit and talk to the camera. I've seen customized wooden letters fro home decor going for about $15 each on Etsy and other websites featuring art/ artists. Needing 4 letters (abbreviation of my blog title) and being frugal as hell ... $60 plus shipping was NOT an option, hunny. So. I did it myself.

Email me if you're interested in a custom order!


Supplies Needed

Wooden Letters - WalMart - $1.47 each
Acrylic Paint - $0.50 each
Brushes - Already had them from previous projects

Optional

Ruler or tape for straight edges, although, I did mine freehand
Sealer or gloss, for wood

Time Needed

It took me three hours. The solid letters took much less time, all I had to do was apply the 2 coats of paint. But, I had no clue how to draw cheetah print! So I had to Google a guide and REALLY take my time. The stripes were a headache, wouldn't have been if I used tape/ ruler, but it was painted freehand. I just couldn't get my lines straight. Close enough. Imperfections add character :)

Money Saved

I saved approximately $59 by doing it myself! #Win

No comments:

Post a Comment